Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.powellmagic.com.
Dave Powell Company
18123 Erik Ct
Canyon Country, CA 91387
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
In most cases, your name, email, phone number and any comments are emailed to a recipient who manages this website. At times additional information may be asked to be submitted on the form you submit to us. This same data is stored on our website as a backup in case email fails to send which can happen on occasion.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day. Further information on how to accept a cookie or block a cookie can be found at the link below: How to Block and Accept Cookies/
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
Your personal data is never shared with other companies or sold. It is used only by our team and members of our staff within our environment.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
In most cases, your name, email, phone number, and any comments are emailed to a recipient who manages this website. At times additional information may be asked to be submitted on the form you submit to us. This same data is stored on our website as a backup in case an email fails to send which can happen on occasion.
At time additional information may be asked to be submitted on the form you submit to us. This same data is stored on our website as a backup in case email fails to send which can happen on occasion.
How we protect your data
Our website uses secure encryption to secure all of our data. We have commercial software as well as proprietary software running on all of the servers where this website is hosted. We have security apps running on the website level as well that help fend off the bad guys and alert us to hack attempts. We also employ the services of a third-party Content Delivery Network which is the third level of defense against attackers.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- 1In the case of a personal data breach, the controller shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the supervisory authority competent in accordance with Article 55, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. 2Where the notification to the supervisory authority is not made within 72 hours, it shall be accompanied by reasons for the delay.
- The processor shall notify the controller without undue delay after becoming aware of a personal data breach.
- The notification referred to in paragraph 1 shall at least: a. describe the nature of the personal data breach including where possible, the categories and an approximate number of data subjects concerned and the categories and the approximate number of personal data records concerned; b. communicate the name and contact details of the data protection officer or other contact points where more information can be obtained; c. describe the likely consequences of the personal data breach; d. describe the measures taken or proposed to be taken by the controller to address the personal data breach, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate its possible adverse effects.
- Where, and in so far as, it is not possible to provide the information at the same time, the information may be provided in phases without undue further delay.
- 1The controller shall document any personal data breaches, comprising the facts relating to the personal data breach, its effects and the remedial action taken. 2That documentation shall enable the supervisory authority to verify compliance with this Article.
What third parties we receive data from
We use Google Analytics to track traffic to our website. Slimstats is also used for traffic information. We utilize Who’s Online to see the users currently on our site and from what area they are arriving from.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
No automated decision making is done, we simply analyze where traffic is coming from in order to see if our marketing ideas are working well. To see a list of technologies used within this website: https://builtwith.com/powellmagic.com
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Your Privacy Preferences